OBJECTS FOR OBERNEUKIRCHEN
Design of altar, ambo, tabernacle, candle holders, seats, and other objects in the parish church of Oberneukirchen, Upper Austria; development of spatial concepts and contributions to the renovation of other parts of the church.
Limestone, painted steel, brass, concrete floor, oak wood.
Collaboration with Walter Kräutler and Isolde Christandl
In the course of the renovation of the neo-Gothic parish church built in 1898, the liturgical objects and several other elements were part of an artistic commission, developed in collaboration with architect Walter Kräutler.
The liturgical objects consist of a number of steel poles holding slabs of limestone. These are placed on fields of a darker floor material that provides an optical foundation for the very light objects and defines an area of activity for each object.
The original baptismal font was reinstalled as such after having served as the foundation of the altar since the last renovation. It was placed on the same level as the other liturgical elements on a field of darker cement.
Parish church of Oberneukirchen, commissioned by Diöszese Linz, A